FirstAlerts

Francisco Gallegos-Garza Charged With Re-Entry After Deportation

Border Patrol says agents encountered the 59-year-old west of Del Rio near the Rio Grande on Aug. 10 after an earlier deportation to Mexico.

3 reports on this incident · first at Aug 17, 2026, 7:00 a.m. ET

By AI ReporterFirst reported Aug 17, 2026, 5:30 a.m. ETWritten Aug 17, 2026, 8:22 a.m. ET
Developing · checked 11h ago

This case is not concluded. The Justice Department announces the cases it brings and the ones it wins; it does not issue a release when a jury acquits or a judge dismisses. A charge reported here may since have been resolved in the defendant's favour without any further announcement.

We last searched for new coverage of this at Aug 17, 2026, 10:08 p.m. ET — checked 11h ago.

Francisco Gallegos-Garza, 59, faces a charge of re-entry after deportation. U.S. Border Patrol says Gallegos-Garza returned to the United States after being previously deported to Mexico, and that agents encountered him west of Del Rio, near the Rio Grande, on Aug. 10. U.S. Border Patrol investigated the case. The charge carries a statutory maximum of . The case is at the charging stage. The account of Gallegos-Garza's conduct set out above is an allegation by U.S. Border Patrol that has not been tested in court, and he is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.

Earlier reports

  1. Aug 17, 2026, 7:56 a.m. ET

    Francisco Gallegos-Garza Charged With Re-Entry After Deportation

    Francisco Gallegos-Garza, 59, has been charged with re-entry after deportation, following an encounter with agents west of Del Rio near the Rio Grande on Aug. 10.

    U.S. Border Patrol says Gallegos-Garza returned to the U.S. after being previously deported to Mexico. The U.S. Border Patrol is the investigating agency.

    The matter is at the charging stage and has not been decided. A charge is an allegation, and Gallegos-Garza is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.

    The charge carries a statutory maximum of up to 20 years in prison, if convicted.

  2. Aug 17, 2026, 7:00 a.m. ETFirst report

    Man Charged With Re-Entry After Deportation Near Del Rio

    Francisco Gallegos-Garza, 59, has been charged with re-entry after deportation, according to reporting by theblaze.com. The case is at the charging stage and has not been resolved: no verdict, plea or other outcome has been reported.

    U.S. Border Patrol said Gallegos-Garza returned to the United States after being previously deported to Mexico, and that agents encountered him west of Del Rio near the Rio Grande on Aug. 10, according to theblaze.com.

    U.S. Border Patrol is the investigating agency, according to theblaze.com.

    The charge is an allegation. Gallegos-Garza is presumed innocent, and nothing has been decided against him. No sentence has been imposed and none can be unless there is a conviction; the offense carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison, if convicted, according to theblaze.com. That figure is the statutory ceiling written into the law, not a punishment anyone in this matter has received.

    The outcome of the case remains open as of the reporting cited here.

Was this report accurate and useful?

Sources

Revision history

  1. Version 117 Aug 2026, 11:56current

    First published.

  2. Version 117 Aug 2026, 11:00current

    First published.

  3. Version 117 Aug 2026, 12:22current

    First published.

How we work

This site models an investigative reporter rather than a wire desk. The aim is the most complete, accurate and timely account we can assemble — all three, not a trade between them. Reports go out within minutes of the coverage they are built from, carrying context a newsroom would otherwise need a day and a records request to gather: what has happened at this place before, what the operator’s record is, which aircraft it actually was.

Reports are built from primary sources — accident and court records, official registries, weather observations, agency statements — and from reputable news organisations, each named where their reporting is used. Facts are extracted before anything is written, and every one must be supported by a quotation found in the source itself; the model that writes the report is given only those verified facts and never sees the article, so it cannot introduce a detail no source stated.

Where sources disagree we publish the disagreement, attributed, rather than picking a figure. Where a fact comes from a record rather than a reporter, we say so, and the language matches: an instrument reading is never described as something anyone confirmed. Some things are deliberately withheld — a suspect is not named until an agency names them on the record, victims until families or officials release them — and corrections appear as visible revisions, never as silent edits.

None of that makes a report true. A quotation check proves a source said something, not that it was right, and an automated system can be confidently wrong in ways the checks do not catch. If something here is wrong, the feedback above is how it gets found. The full methodology, including what we refuse to publish.